Thursday, November 1, 2012

SUPPORT 50 YOUNG SHEPHERD GIRLS GET AN EDUCATION

We have been selected to participate in the Girl Effect Challenge. We need to raise funds from as many unique donors as possible by 30th November 2012. We believe you can help us do that.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT MORE AND SUPPORT

We aim to help 50 shepherd girls in pastoral communities improve their lives through education. These girls are denied a chance to attend normal day time school so that they can herd livestock and perform other duties. We have convinced the parents to allow them to attend evening classes. We are therefore seeking funds to set up the classes, provide teachers, learning materials among other things.

DONATE, email your friends, post on your wall, tweet and even talk to everyone about our project. You can even start a fundraiser to support.

We appreciate your help to ensure 50 bright young girls get an education.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr.Wadongo,

    I am Srishti Gupta, a DP1 (=grade 12) student at the Aga Khan Academy in Mombasa. I have recently started a club called SOLAReFY at my school, which aims to provide solar lamps for lighting to rural areas around Mombasa, for the same reasons as highlighted in your website/ several articles I have read about you. I feel that harnessing solar energy and providing it to the people who really need it will eventually lead to development and eradication of poverty in Kenya.

    I know that you are working with a women's group in Kilifi and wanted to ask if you would be willing to work in collaboration to extend the availability of MwangaBora further, and improve more lives, and provide a beacon of development too, however, in other places around Mombasa.

    I also study Physics and Mathematics at higher level, and using my background knowledge, and doing further research on your lamp, i have also come up with a series on propositions to enhance the efficiency of your solar lamp and hence make it even more cost effective. I was also wondering if you would be willing to work together to build another solar lamp, by taking MwangaBora and making it more efficient.

    I am very inspired by the impact you have been able to make on a very large number of households in Kenya and Malawi, and I especially adore the grass-roots approach your project uses. I feel that by going into the different communities and working with the inside people over a long period of time is the most effective way to achieve that desired change.

    Please email me back if you would be interested in working with me, as your collaboration and support will be very much appreciated, and will help to guide and focus my initiative as well as help to achieve my goals of having an impact on at least 200 households and create a more efficient MwangaBora.

    I will most probably be in Nairobi for a few days this month and am hoping to personally meet you then, to discuss this project, however, I can only plan to do so after you have agreed to the collaboration, so please make an attempt to reply as promptly as possible.

    Looking forward to working with you,
    Regards,
    Srishti Gupta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I attempted to email you using the function provided on your website, however your server considered the message i published above to be an advertisement, so sorry for the lengthiness.
    Thank you for you consideration,
    Srishti Gupta

    ReplyDelete